Infirmary - Brewery - Sacristy

Between 1658 and 1661 a luxuriously finished building was constructed on the opposite side of the Plotersgracht. It is known as the infirmary, but was probably intended as a guest house. Above the arched canal came a brewery and, next to it, a poultry farm, which also had frontage on the Trommelstraat.

The year 1753 saw the addition of a new Locutorium on the Lange Steenstraat, built in the style of a merchant’s townhouse, where the friars would receive visitors. The sacristy, with its luxuriant stucco, is particularly richly decorated.