Second quadrangle

The friary underwent extensive refurbishments in the period 1717-1721. The old building around the second quadrangle was replaced by a sober, but beautifully executed, construction built around a square inner garden complete with cloisters and dormitory cells for the friars on the first floor. During the 19th century a mezzanine floor was added to the cloisters in order to build small living units, like cells, which served as almshouses. Restoration work carried out at the end of the last century also resulted in the creation of small homes.